- Listed: December 23, 2014 10:57 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Do you know what insurance companies hate? An informed customer. Knowledgeable auto insurance customers get better coverage and lower rates than those less informed. Who do you want to have the advantage when you buy auto insurance, yourself or your insurer? Read on to learn how you can tip the balance in your favor.
If you’re planning to, or just got married, call your insurance company for a discount. Drivers who are married tend to drive more safely, especially if they have children in the car. Insurance companies often will give you a discount once you tie the knot, due to your better driving.
It is commonly believed that car insurance rates will always drop when a driver turns 25 years old. However, your insurance rates will actually start going down once you’re 18, as long as you keep driving safely.
Before you purchase a car, you should be thinking about what type of auto insurance you want. In fact, before you put a down payment on an automobile at all, make sure you receive an insurance quote for that particular car. Knowing how much you will have to pay for a certain type of car, can help you make a fiscally responsible decision.
If you have other drivers on your insurance policy, remove them to get a better deal. Most insurance companies have a “guest” clause, meaning that you can occasionally allow someone to drive your car and be covered, as long as they have your permission. If your roommate only drives your car twice a month, there’s no reason they should be on there!
If your car is a significant asset, (i.e. expensive and having high resale value) make sure you purchase additional liability coverage for it when you insure it. The legal minimum liability coverage which is your cheapest option will not provide enough compensation if your valuable car gets damaged. The additional cost of additional coverage is worth paying to protect a car with real value.
Get liability-only coverage. This policy is the cheapest one you can get that still follows all mandatory minimum state laws. Just remember that it does not cover you or your vehicle, only the other person and their vehicle. In the event your car is damaged in some way, you would have to pay for the repairs yourself.
Do the math before filing an insurance claim to see if it is worth it. Insurance companies love to raise rates on drivers who file claims, it’s the nature of the industry. Avoid making claims that aren’t going to net you much money back. If you are filing a claim for two hundred dollars, is it really worth the extra premiums you’ll pay in the future?
Take a close look at your auto policy and take off any “extras” that you won’t use. For example, you might have emergency roadside assistance included in your plan. If you don’t think you are going to use this, drop it in order to decrease the amount you are spending on your insurance. Your agent can help you figure out what else might apply.
If you have any queries about exactly where and how to use cheap car insurance for new drivers, you can speak to us at the web page. You need to contact your insurance company and add your teen to the policy, before allowing him or her to get behind the wheel. If your teen would get into an accident while not on the policy, it could cause you to have to pay for any damages out of your own pocket. It only takes a few minutes to add someone to a policy.
Start carpooling. Many car insurance providers will charge you less if you do not drive your vehicle often. If you drive less than 7,500 miles a year, your premiums might be significantly lower. If you are unable to carpool, try taking the bus or some other form of public transportation.
Being involved in a traffic accident can be a traumatic experience. However, some of the worry can be relieved by having the right auto insurance coverage. By following the advice and tips offered in this article, you cheap car insurance for new drivers can save money, gain peace of mind and learn how to take advantage of all the benefits that your auto insurance policy has to offer.
295 total views, 2 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: Harry
- Member Since: October 9, 2014
Other items listed by Harry
- You Should Follow The Steps Listed Below To Get A Great Rate On Your Car Insurance
- Useful Cheap Car Insurance For New Drivers Tips For Any Buyer
- Protect Your Investment With The RIGHT Cheap Car Insurance For New Drivers Policy
- Insurance Tips Whether Or Not You Are Involved In An Accident
- Need To Find Cheap Car Insurance For New Drivers? These Tips Can Help!
Popular Ads Overall
- The Secret To Citicards Online Payment (39231 views)
- Citibank E Banking Secrets Revealed (31270 views)
- The Lost Secret Of Pinterest Blogs (17053 views)
- What To Expect From Aol Com Sign In Mailbox? (15303 views)
- Never Lose Your Facebo Ok Login Again (13122 views)
- Master The Art Of Www.facebook Application With These 7 Tips (11514 views)
- Picture Your Hotmail.com.login On Top. Read This And Make It So (8556 views)
- How To Gain Paypal Login My Account (8386 views)
- What’s Really Happening With Mail.yahoo.com Login (7886 views)
- Why Yahoo Mail Inbox Is The Only Skill You Really Need (7668 views)